I work with Tom Goldstein in non-convex optimization problems. Currently, I'm trying to solve low rank matrix recovery in the natural parameter space without lifting to higher dimensions. Previously, I worked on Phase Retrieval. NEW!
I also answer questions on mathematical optimization on Quora where I am the top writer in this category.
NEW!  We created PhasePack- a MATLAB based library to solve phase retrieval using classical and contemporary routines. Get the Pack here!
Our project on texture synthesis using deep learning is complete! Check out the result below!   Report
- Phasepack User GuideRohan Chandra, Ziyuan Zhong, Justin Hontz, Val McCulloch, Christoph Studer, Tom Goldstein, 2017arXiv preprint
- Phasepack: A Phase Retrieval LibraryRohan Chandra, Ziyuan Zhong, Justin Hontz, Val McCulloch, Christoph Studer, Tom GoldsteinSubmitted to IEEE Proceedings of the 51st Asilomar Conference on Signals, Systems and Computers.
- Multiply by 9Arthur Benjamin, Rohan ChandraThe College Mathematics Journal.
Low Rank Matrix Estimation Without Lifting
- As part of my MS thesis, I am trying to solve the problem of low rank matrix recovery without lifting i.e. in the natural parameter space. Initial sketches of the proof look promising and I am currently in the process of formalizing this.
- A MATLAB based library for solving Phase Retrieval.
Semantic Mapping of 3D pointcloud
- Given images of single and muliple cluttered table-top objects, generate 3-D pointclouds and do the following: Video 1 Video 2 Code
- Construct 3-D model of the scene
- 3D pointcloud Segmentation
- Generating a semantic map
MATH 461: Undergraduate Linear Algebra
CMSC 828G: Graduate Computer Vision I by Rama Chellapa
STAT 400: Probability and Statistics
STAT 420: Statistics I
CMSC 818G: Information-Centric Design of Systems by Ashok Agrawala
Fall 2016: CMSC 417  - Computer Networks (as TA) Spring 2017: CMSC 131  - Object Oriented Programming (Java) (as TA)
Fall 2017: CMSC 250 - Discrete Structures (as TA)
Reviewer for MS applications to the CS department at UMD for Fall 2017 and Fall 2018.